Railway and infrastructure deals with Russia ratified
BELGRADE -- The Serbian parliament on Friday ratified two agreements between the governments of Russia and Serbia.
One concerns a loan for infrastructure and while the other regulates gas supply from the Russian Federation.
Russia approved a USD 800 million state export loan to the Serbian government for financing infrastructure projects and purchase of trains for Serbian Railways.
The loan will be used to finance 85 percent of the cost of every contract on delivery of goods, works and services in the railway sector in Serbia, signed between authorized Serbian and Russian companies, while the remaining 15 percent will be provided by Serbian importers in the form of an advance.
The Serbian side will use the loan over a period of five years, starting from the year it comes into effect.
The value of individual projects and deadlines for their implementation will be defined in additional contracts to be signed between Serbian and Russian companies.
The planned projects include the construction and electrification of a second track on the Belgrade-Pančevo railway route, construction of a single-track electric railway from Valjevo to Loznica, repairs on six segments of the railway line along Corridor 10, modernization of the Belgrade-Bar railway line and purchase of Russian diesel engine trains.
Under the agreement on supply of natural gas, Russia will deliver five billion cubic meters to Serbia every year between 2012 and 2021.
Considering current consumption of around 2.5 billion cubic meters a year, the agreement will ensure sufficient quantities of natural gas to satisfy future demand, says the Serbian government.
March 14, 2013 | 18:27 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (3) | Send comment
MT. KOPAONIK -- NBS Governor Jogovanka Tabaković says he central bank's goal is not a fixed exchange rate, but it will not allow manipulations with the exchange rate.
March 14, 2013 | 13:52 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (1) | Send comment
BELGRADE -- Serbia's trade deficit was USD 524,5 million in January this year, dropping by 12.8 percent compared to January 2012, the Statistical Office said.
March 15, 2013 | 20:44 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (0) | Send comment
MT. KOPAONIK -- The gross value of average agricultural production yield in Serbia could be EUR 12 billion, but the current situation in the agricultural sector is "very bad".
March 12, 2013 | 11:12 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (4) | Send comment
BELGRADE -- Vice-President of the European Investment Bank (EIB) Dario Scannapieco has said that the bank would grant Serbia a loan of at least EUR 600 million this year.
March 13, 2013 | 18:24 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (1) | Send comment
MT. KOPAONIK -- A plan of Serbian economy's reindustrialization will be finished by April, says Vice President of the National Council for Economic Recovery Branislav Grujić.
March 11, 2013 | 16:07 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (1) | Send comment
BELGRADE -- Foreign exchange reserves of the National Bank of Serbia (NBS) amounted to EUR 11.68 billion at the end of February.
March 13, 2013 | 12:27 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (0) | Send comment
MT. KOPAONIK -- The 20th annual Business Forum started on Mt. Kopaonik on Wednesday. More than 500 participants are attending the conference.
March 11, 2013 | 13:53 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (0) | Send comment
BELGRADE -- The fiscal situation in Serbia is deteriorating, "after last year's budget deficit was in line with estimates", the Fiscal Council said on Monday.
March 9, 2013 | 12:21 | Source: B92, Tanjug | Comments: (1) | Send comment
BELGRADE -- Serbian Finance and Economy Minister Mlađan Dinkić will propose the government to do an early repayment of Serbia's external debt worth USD 430mn.
March 12, 2013 | 14:30 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (0) | Send comment
BELGRADE -- The Executive Board of the National Bank of Serbia (NBS) decided at its meeting on Tuesday to keep the reference interest rate at 11.75 percent.
March 12, 2013 | 09:27 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (0) | Send comment
BELGRADE -- An IMF mission will visit Serbia on May 8 and if the talks prove successful, the arrangement could be completed by the end of June.
March 13, 2013 | 11:42 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (10) | Send comment
MINSK -- Serbian President Tomislav Nikolić called Wednesday on Belarus businessmen to invest in Serbia, adding he was the guarantor of the safety of their investments.