Fire breaks out at Chinese slippers factory in Jagodina
Firefighters have contained a fire that broke out on Wednesday afternoon in a Chinese slippers factory in JagodinaSource: B92, Beta, RTS
President of the Municipal Assembly of Jagodina Dragan "Palma" Markovic has told B92.net that workers were evacuated and that nobody was injured.
He added that thick smoke was still hovering above the factory.
Markovic said that the extent of the damage was was unknown because the factory could not be entered due to the smoke.
Faulty wiring is believed to have cause the blaze, RTS reported.
Firefighters told Beta that the fire had engulfed a production plant, materials, machinery, rubber, and glue.
Due to high temperatures and dense smoke firefighters could not enter the facility and instead used foam and water from the outside.
Dense black smoke was hovering over Jagodina, and firefighters said that due to its nature, "citizens should be alerted to close their windows."