Prosecution of Bosnia-Herzegovina "dropped one of two cases"
The Prosecution of Bosnia-Herzegovina on Monday announced that they had two cases related to the attack last year in Srebrenica on Serbian PM Aleksandar Vucic.Source: B92
A statement said that the Prosecution decided to drop the investigation against two persons for lack of evidence of their involvement, but continues to "work intensively" on another related case.
The Prosecution also said that it was issuing the statement "for the sake of informing the public correctly and objectively, and due to the unnecessary politicization of the cases related to the attack on Serbian PM Aleksandar Vucic."
The statement also noted that the Prosecution in the Serb Republic (RS) entity failed to prosecute the suspects for aggravated attempted murder, incitement, endangering of safety and other criminal acts they investigated, and that relevant documents were handed over to the Prosecution of Bosnia-Herzegovina on July 6, 2016.
Vucic was attending the commemoration in Potocari, near Srebrenica on July 11 last year when he was attacked, first verbally and then physically by a group of people using rocks. The remained unidentified to this day.
The authorities in Bosnia-Herzegovina have not found the attackers or their organizers for over a year.
The Prosecution of Bosnia-Herzegovina announced earlier that they had dropped he investigation concerning 44-year-old Almir Merdic, one of the chief suspects in the case.
Merdic has confirmed that the investigation has been stopped.