1. The Nato aggression was a violation of international law and it's own charter, killed thousands of Serbia's citizens, destroyed the country's infrastructure, poisoned the environment with depleted uranium, codified the ethnic cleansing from kosovo of non-albanians and partitioned Serbia to appease an ethnic minority with pretensions towards statehood. Strangely, Nato expects the Serbs to accept this situation as a just and fair outcome when they would never countenance such a an outcome in their own nation.
    (Dean, 29 March 2014 13:47)

2. Thank you for your replies to my comments. I wasn't actually going to come back to this page and read what was commented after because I assumed I would have a lot of people telling me to go jump of a bridge or something! But I am happy to know that so far I haven't...
    I appreciate what you both said and I don't find your comment patronizing. I'm fully aware that people grow up and go there separate ways, that's life. But what I mean is that there are some people you wish you could have in your life forever! And she is one of those people. My intention wasn't to patronize anyone or dismiss anyones feelings or opinions on this topic I just wanted to put it out there that there are Serbs/Albanians/Kosovans that get do along as people and our ethnicity just didn't matter. Well actually we did talk a lot about our countries and the food and the similarities and family. I only have my immediate family in England, my parents and my two sisters. So meeting people from that area of Europe was such a comfort to me as it did remind me of home. I have met 1 serb in my town, in the whole time I lived here, we spoke for 2wks(as friends) upon meeting and didn't speak after. I have met countless Albanians/Kosovans in my town who I've met and have been in contact with for years. I am very grateful for being born in England as I didn't have to face the hardships like many of you did in former Yugoslavia.
    (Kat, 26 March 2014 19:34)

3. (Kat, 26 March 2014 01:32)
    You have a view of the world that I would expect. Being a Serb is not a reason to hate Albanians and being Albanian is not a reason to hate Serbs. Growing up in a diverse country should dispel the ethnic tensions.
    What puzzles me is the many on here as most who read the English version are more accustomed to English now than Serbian(one would think) who harbor such deep rooted hatred even though they do not have the scars of war. My thoughts are that it is the nature of some to want to hate more than love and this gives an excuse.
    Thanks for your post and true this hatred in Serbia and Kosovo is only destroying themselves. Both sides would rather live in pain than to see the other live in comfort.
    Maybe in 100 years(after this generation is dead and forgotten) both sides can join together and sit down to the table and enjoy a meal. Don't see it happening soon though.
    (refreshing, 26 March 2014 13:03)

4. @Kat: at the risk of sounding patronizing, you shouldn't be dismayed that you're no longer in touch with your school friend. life kicks in and people go their separate ways. its just the way of the world.
    as for the rest of your points, i am glad that you didn't grow up in Yugoslavia during the 90's as I did. believe me it wasn't fun. truth is, Serbs and Albanians do not have this historic rivalry as is often portrayed here. bar the last 160 years, there was never an ethnic conflict between the two, probably because they were both ruled by another entity. if we're to take that as a guide, then perhaps a European super state is the way to keep us from killing each other
    (Nikolle, 26 March 2014 11:06)

5. (Kat, 26 March 2014 01:49)

(Huh??, 26 March 2014 10:33)

6. Massacre in Suva Reka - and many other Albanian sufferings - happened AFTER the NATO bombing began.
    (Alex75, 25 March 2014 14:27)

I agree... "AFTER" not "BECAUSE".

Note: In the English language, "after" and "because" mean different things
    (icj1, 26 March 2014 04:07)

7. Remember, only the strongest military alliance dumping bombs for 30, 000 feet in the air to keep Serbia from defeating terrorism in Kosovo i Metohija.
    (Ari Gold, 25 March 2014 13:00)

OMG... "strongest military alliance "!!!! sj, please, can you tell this guy how ridiculous that statement is! Not to mention that it is a heresy since it goes against your brilliant analysis as CE of B92 forums that that alliance is just p... and wind. Some people never learn despite the efforts of the brightest mind in these forums to illuminate all of us.

P.S. CE = Chief Economist
    (icj1, 26 March 2014 04:04)

8. (sj, 25 March 2014 22:03)

I know that in Djakovica they murdered people in their home, Serbian paramilitary rounded young boys who to this day are missing and had nothing to do with KLA.

My point is to Alex saying that no one died before NATO bombing this absolutely untrue, now I am not going to get in war of wards here in forum but: Justification that killing civilians as a repercussion from NATO is ludicrous.

I understand i am not going to change a Serbs perspective however it does not mean we have to agree.

Serbia should stop application for EU as a result of Bombing otherwise stop giving one message in Brussels and one in Beograd.
    (Morning Shake, 26 March 2014 03:46)

9. My point is, is that you people need to move on. The only people that are making u still suffer for what happened are yourselves. I know 'that's easy for me to say' cos I wasn't directly affected and I never lost someone close to me cos of the conflict like some of u I imagine have. There are good and bad people everywhere in this world, bad Serbs and bad Albanians that did disgusting things but that was then and this is now. And after reading some of your comments, it angered me to see how as human to human u spoke about one another. Before I get carried away, all there is left to say is an eye for an eyeoppressed free"

“Do not repay evil with evil.” 1 Peter 3:9

“Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you.”Matthew 5:44

'A time to love, and a time to hate; A time for war, and a time for peace' Matthew 5:8-9

(P.s I'm not a bible basher and dont intend to convert anyone. I'm just preaching the truth quoted from the book of truth)
    (Kat, 26 March 2014 01:49)

10. After sitting here for about 20 minutes and reading the comments made by all of you hate fueled idiots I decided FOR ONCE I am going to comment and share my views on this topic that I've had to grow up with and listen to my whole life. My parents are both Serbian and have been living in England for 35yrs, I was born in England '93 before the conflicts started (correct me if I'm wrong). Polictics was and still is my least favourite subject and addmitedly I know very few facts about the conflict(and the politics) because to be quite honest I wasnt interested in knowing. War, murders and hate is something that I don't want in my life or around me so why would I read about it? Growing up all I witnessed was hatred. Hatred from Serbs to Albanians, Albanians to Serbs, UK and US dishing out their opinions and criticism etc. I would just like to point out that my BEST friend in school was an ALBANIAN girl who I loved like a sister. We were together in the same classes, sat next to eachother for most of them for 5yrs. I would go round her house and her mum would make me the most amazing burek and baklava and she would even bring me sarma to school when her mum made it. Unfortunately, we grew up and went our seperate ways and we are no longer in contact much to my dismay, cos I miss her dearly. I am also friends with a kosovan Albanian who owns a business near my work and when I see him we always have a chat, in Serbian may I add (he speaks fluent Serbian, better than me) .
    (Kat, 26 March 2014 01:32)

11. This is crazy to think so if NATO Bombs feel its ok to Kill civilians is this how Serbs justify this? Wow I feel bad for your soul and thinking.
    (Morning Shake, 25 March 2014 14:55)

You’re crazy if you think NATO bombs did not kill many people in Kosovo. NATO planes would target anything that moved on the ground and despite all the US BS about superior and high tech weaponry it was shown to be all a myth.
    NATO would drop bombs from several thousand feet and they did not care where they dropped them. So if you think that the 10 000 were killed by Serbs you’re the one who needs to wake up and do some soul searching. On top of that your Thaci was not averse to dispatching his own people to blame Serbs such as the famous discovery by William Walker of 40 bodies that were “killed by Serbs” when in fact it’s known that the KLA and their CIA friends did that job.
    (sj, 25 March 2014 22:03)

12. Massacre in Suva Reka - and many other Albanian sufferings - happened AFTER the NATO bombing began. If NATO had not bombed, these people would be alive today.
    (Alex75, 25 March 2014 14:27)

(Morning Shake, 25 March 2014 14:55)

13. I notice a lot of coverage of the bombing of Serbia, but no mention of the 46 bodies recovered from a mass grave near Belgrade from the massacre in Suva Reka being returned to their relatives for a proper burial. Nor of the remaining missing bodies. Maybe, an apology from NATO is not warranted after all.
    (a New Day, 25 March 2014 13:06)

(Alex75, 25 March 2014 14:27)

14. I notice a lot of coverage of the bombing of Serbia, but no mention of the 46 bodies recovered from a mass grave near Belgrade from the massacre in Suva Reka being returned to their relatives for a proper burial. Nor of the remaining missing bodies. Maybe, an apology from NATO is not warranted after all.
    (a New Day, 25 March 2014 13:06)

15. (marKo, 24 March 2014 20:24)
    If more people were reciting your verses with heartfelt meaning prior to March 1999, then yesterday would have been just another day on the calendar.
    (just a thought, 25 March 2014 13:02)

16. Remember, only the strongest military alliance dumping bombs for 30, 000 feet in the air to keep Serbia from defeating terrorism in Kosovo i Metohija. Such favorable stars only align once in a while, and luckily the terrorists have not done anything to strengthen themselves. They simply rely on the support they once received in hopes it will always be available :)
    (Ari Gold, 25 March 2014 13:00)

17. We have a tradition in my family of celebrating, each year on this day, the bombing of Serbia. My mother makes the most delicious burek for this happy occasion. We thank God for NATO helping us defeat Milosevic and his cruel stormtroopers.
    (Albanian Orthodox Shqiptar, 24 March 2014 18:10)

Not only am I sure that doesn't happen, I'm sure your mom is a horrible cook. Stop sounding like a primitive savage.
    (Albo Troll Wrangler, 25 March 2014 05:50)

18. To my brothers and sisters, theres a documentary on the bombing on RT tonight. tune in.
    (Traitor Hater, 24 March 2014 17:34)

Please let us know if that RT documentary will mention again how the territorial integrity of a recognized UN member is sacrosanct and whatever happens within a recognized UN member's borders is internal affairs :)
    (icj1, 25 March 2014 03:58)

19. @The Count of Kosova: Thanks Ilyrian, 31 threats you say, they must be stupid lol. Now go and play with your American "friends".
    (Traitor Hater, 25 March 2014 02:39)

20. Thank you NATO
    (Eric, 25 March 2014 00:45)

21. Thank you NATO
    (Eric, 25 March 2014 00:35)

22. History shows who stood up to every empire that came knocking on the door. So all you lap dogs keep hating for the freedom we've given you.

(Traitor Hater, 24 March 2014 17:34)

Traitor,

History shows Serbia was reduced to rubble precisely because she was an evil entity under Milosevic. Serbia brought on the bombing itself and nobody, including Putin, could have prevented it after Serbia being warned 31 times. Admit it and move on!
    (The Count of Kosova, 24 March 2014 21:22)

23. Good job Nato!! Without you there woulden't be any Albanians in Kosova by now.

10 000 Albanian civilian murdered, thousand women and girls raped and mostly Albanian houses and villages burned down. All this by serbian military and paramilitary forces. I dont see serbs mourning about that!! Or at least apologize?!

For Serbia it's ok to bomb others who cannot defend them self but being bombed it self is not ok.

Nato did an great job and Albanians are forever graditude.
    (Demi, 24 March 2014 20:25)

24. Let us mark this day in Orthodox hope rather than worldly hate. I want to prevent our enemies from striping me of my humanity and forcing all of us to participate in their violent words, hate, and wrath.

May the people who hate me go in peace and find some rest.

9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
    (marKo, 24 March 2014 20:24)

25. Mr. Kotorri said, "God bless all those pilots and kla Brave lads that won the war against the cancer called Serbia.hope NATO do it again in the near future.Long Live NATO . All the Serbs that die in conflict may burn in hell as they deserved , long live croatia "

May what you wish for others be visited upon you and those you love.

Hey Lennie - your writing is terrible. You look like a fool, a fool full of hate.
    (Roger7, 24 March 2014 20:17)

26. Too many naive who dare believe that bombing might be humanitarian. May they experience the same!
    (Oggy, 24 March 2014 20:11)

27. God bless all those pilots and kla Brave lads that won the war against the cancer called Serbia.hope NATO do it again in the near future.Long Live NATO . All the Serbs that die in conflict may burn in hell as they deserved , long live croatia
    (Mr Kotorri, 24 March 2014 16:25)

Those are the words of an angry and very scared (full of fear) individual. Psych 100 . "Long live Croatia" LOL

What you Albanians and Croats did to those Serbs and their Orthodox heritage, if I were yall, I'd be wearin'
    man diapers and Nike running shoes--even when asleep.
    I expect the fuming bear will rain short range nukes on all strategic NATO installations the first time Nato makes
    the wrong move. The Bear was asleep for a very long time and is hungry now. I believe Hitler-loving and Hitler-
    worshipping Nazis like you, the Croats and others like you are the favorite and first on her food chain.
    Remember WW2??? Jasenovac??? Operation Storm??? Burning of Serbian Orthodox Churches and monasteries???
    Cheering bombing of Serbia for 78 days???
    Don't forget that Putin's, and most Russians' and Kozaks' man cheek is still red from watching that 78 day bombing of innocent Serb civilians--which are their brothers.
    P.S. Count for how long the Bear will be bombing now unless she gets to eat what she pleases--and for as long as
    she pleases.[link]
    (Johnny the Revelator, 24 March 2014 19:56)

28. Posters don't like to acknowledge what a fool Milosevic was, and how foolish was the country for following him and his weak divisive policies.

Go on. Blame NATO, and blame everyone else - it's what you always do.
    (Bob, 24 March 2014 19:13)

29. Too little, too late.
    (Denis, 24 March 2014 19:10)

30. Serbia has chosen today to hand over bodies of Albanians so it has decided that bombing milosevic was the right thing. Serbia knows bombing it was right and supports the bombing now. It now has an ambassador to Kosovo dejan avicevic and customs agents and border guards as well as saying Kosovo should be in the eu. Serbia now agrees stopping the nationalism was right.
    (Brian, 24 March 2014 18:51)

31. The Serbs do not live in the real world. Here's an example. While bombs were falling in Belgrade, their national TV station was showing in a continuous loop the movie " Wag the dog" where the US bombs Albania. How sick and in what kind of perverted reality does one live when you have bombs falling on your head and you have movies about Albania being bombed. If they were unwilling to live with the reality when they were being bombed do not expect any Serb to deal with reality of the heinous crimes their country committed in their name and with their approval.
    (J, 24 March 2014 18:12)

32. We have a tradition in my family of celebrating, each year on this day, the bombing of Serbia. My mother makes the most delicious burek for this happy occasion. We thank God for NATO helping us defeat Milosevic and his cruel stormtroopers.
    (Albanian Orthodox Shqiptar, 24 March 2014 18:10)

33. God bless all those pilots and kla Brave lads that won the war against the cancer called Serbia.hope NATO do it again in the near future.Long Live NATO . All the Serbs that die in conflict may burn in hell as they deserved , long live croatia
    (Mr Kotorri, 24 March 2014 16:25)

Hahaha please spare us the BS of how the brave KLA beat the Serbs hahaha! If NATO hadn't of intervened we would of sent you packing back to the other side of the Bosporus, Serbian army was battle hardened hence the bombing if NATO had of put troops in Serbia it would of been a blood bath and youd of seen a lot of body bags heading back to USA! You forget that NATO failed miserably in hitting Serbian armed forces hence it went after civilians instead! They killed civilians just like KLA did cowards...
    (NjegosUK, 24 March 2014 17:53)

34. All the Serbs that die in conflict may burn in hell as they deserved , long live croatia
    (Mr Kotorri, 24 March 2014 16:25)

Aw how adorable. Did you write that all by your big boy self or did mommy help you?
    (Balkan Anthropologist, 24 March 2014 17:41)

35. Dedovi nasi padose davno
    Imeti Srbijo ostade stavno.

(Traitor Hater, 24 March 2014 17:34)

36. RT has been kind enough to put a documentary together regarding these NATO crimes. Check -> [link]
    (Zoran, 24 March 2014 16:54)

37. God bless all those pilots and kla Brave lads that won the war against the cancer called Serbia.hope NATO do it again in the near future.Long Live NATO . All the Serbs that die in conflict may burn in hell as they deserved , long live croatia
    (Mr Kotorri, 24 March 2014 16:25)

38. Hey Lenard, I believe He's arrived: [link]
    (Johnny Armageddon, 24 March 2014 16:17)

39. And of course not one word is wasted about the brutality and massacres that the Serbian state committed in Kosovo.
    (Reader, 24 March 2014 15:33)

40. And 15 years later, those same powers that played Clausewitz with Serbia are up all upset at the violation of international law concerning Russia's actions in Ukraine.
    (Balkan Anthropologist, 24 March 2014 15:03)

41. In shiny armour, the Serbian army waited at Kosovo field in 1389 for the much stronger Ottoman Empire. The Serbs came to defend their freedom, their way of life, their right to exists and Europe from the Ottoman scum These rights were and still are not negotiable now and neither is their honour negotiable too! They have defeated many evil empires from the Ottomans, Austro Hungarian Empire, The Nazis and their fanatics! And they will be there as a proud nation and people with their culture still intact when NATO is destroyed! The Serbs have brought and destroyed many evil empires and new world orders on Serbia's doorstep and they will do this to NATO!!!

24.03.1999

Da se ne zaboravi! Zašto nema nas?!
    (NjegosUK, 24 March 2014 15:01)

42. Thanks be to NATO and KLA for liberating the cradle of the Albanian nation and saving it from extinction by the criminal state of Serbia as led by Milosevic and his cronies.
    (adrian kola, 24 March 2014 12:50)

I don't recall Milosevic controlling the A-1 Car Wash off the Brooklyn Queens Expressway. Come to think of it, I don't recall any NATO activity in New York City at all, so I don't know what you're talking about.
    (Albo Troll Wrangler, 24 March 2014 15:00)

43. (what a joke, 24 March 2014 13:32)
    NATO wanted this war and it was planned. That is why foreign agencies trained and financed the KLA and that is why at Ramboulliet Serbia was offered conditions they could not accept. But it all had nothing to do with freedom and democracy and at all that. It served a much higher geopolitical goal which is unfolding right now with the Crimea.
    (Joe A, 24 March 2014 14:50)

44. A Nato saw their was no Yugoslavia only criminal Serbs/Serbia hiding behind another one of Serbias many criminal delusions. What went around came around funny all the bombs missels found Serbia even in disguise. Any way how are the self described heavenly people Serbs celebrating a another stupidity as the perpetual victims of their own idiotic criminal follys?
    (Lenard, 24 March 2014 14:16)

45. May mad cow Albright, Wesley Clark, Clintonliar, Bliar, and all those those advisers who staged the Racak 'massacre' to justify this war crime, burn in hell. These are the real war criminals, and belong in prison. Anyone who can justify bombing the RTS building, civilian markets, cigarette factories, power plants, civilian bridges...is not just a war criminal, but a psychopathic monster. NATO war criminals, go to hell.

We will never forget.
    (Dragan, 24 March 2014 14:04)

46. Notwithstanding the cruelty of Milosevic but this whole thing was cooked up in Western capitols in order to 'go loose' on Serbia.
    (Joe A, 24 March 2014 11:47)
    Yeah the west had nothing else to do so one day they just thought since we are bored lets throw a dart at the map and start a war for no reason.
    That's an overwhelming Serbian view for a non Serb you think
    (what a joke, 24 March 2014 13:32)

47. 12 months before the bombing I remember the situation and attitude in Belgrade. When dismissive comments about possible the effects of possible bombing were made I remember thinking "don't they realise people will get killed?". The view of reality was stupidly tainted by a naive idea of Serbian resilience in the face of adversity.

There was plenty of warning.

When there were political options were available to avoid the bombing, instead of pursuing solutions, the corrupt mafia criminality in Belgrade run by Milosevic and his cronies continued, and he used verbal attacks on the 'West' as a political tool to keep power. His rhetoric and behaviour did not vary from the way he had behaved towards Bosnia. That was intolerable. A repeat could not be allowed. No wonder the west bombed - he invited them.
    (Bob, 24 March 2014 13:09)

48. The cold-war and post-cold war international relations were marked by the “payback tactic” and the application of “double standards”. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. The last events show, that we are all stuck in this “doctrine”.

I just wish to remember: 15 years ago, a sovereign country was aggressed and ultimately destroyed by NATO-bombs. By clearly breaking international law, no doubt. With at least questionable assertions. It was the “war of collateral damages”, with thousands civilians and soldiers killed, hundreds of thousands displaced, unquantifiable damage to infrastructure and economy of over 30 bn $. And also a propaganda war fought in terms of “we against them”. The result was the detachment of one piece of territory and the support of its self-proclaimed independence. Today, we are still left to deal with the “mess” resulted from that days illegal and blindfold actions.

15 years after, the international law is again being put at the disposal of interpretation and double standards seem to guide the actions of the so called “western world”. Which are the lessons learned? It seems, that we are again only managing the “collateral damage”.
    (lu_bb, 24 March 2014 12:56)

49. Thanks be to NATO and KLA for liberating the cradle of the Albanian nation and saving it from extinction by the criminal state of Serbia as led by Milosevic and his cronies.
    (adrian kola, 24 March 2014 12:50)

50. There will be no justice until Madeleine Albright and Javier Solana are imprisoned in a penitentiary in Serbia for life for crimes against humanity.
    (Justice, 24 March 2014 12:25)

51. As someone from Western Europe I am embarrassed that my country particpated in this slaughter and destruction. Notwithstanding the cruelty of Milosevic but this whole thing was cooked up in Western capitols in order to 'go loose' on Serbia.
    (Joe A, 24 March 2014 11:47)

52. Such a sad day when all Milosevic had to do was agree to be human and stop the bloodshed to have prevented the destruction and permanent breakup of a country.
    (just a thought, 24 March 2014 11:45)

53. Disgusting behaviour by the world's most sophisticated killing machine (NATO) and their supporters, the Albanians from KiM. They bombed kindergardens, schools, hospitals and they are proud of their achievements.

I am so glad that Russia and China are powerful nations now and have drawn a line to the expanding death and destruction NATO continues to spread. Their propaganda machines are being challenged by alternative free press and the world is taking notice.

This Serbian government is working under occupation and you only have to travel around Begrade to see NATO covering up their crimes. The bombed out buildings that were on display for years are being covered up. NATO doesn't want its aggression on display.

NEVER IN NATO! NEVER IN FACSISM! The Serbian people know what happened and we can see our friends gaining power and standing up to this evil death machine. The tide has turned and the truth is coming out. This event is gaining attention. The lies and deceit are being exposed. NATO created a humanitarian catastophy, it didn't prevent one. They started a precedent that is working against them. Time is on our side.

My friends, keep spreading the truth and educate the world. Lets all work together to defeat evil and spread peace.
    (Zoran, 24 March 2014 11:40)

54. No Comment...
    (Slavko, 24 March 2014 10:41)