Vučić announces new activities in Agrobanka case

Deputy Prime Minister Aleksandar Vučić stated Thursday that new activities may be expected in the coming days as regards to the Agrobanka case.

Izvor: Tanjug

Thursday, 23.08.2012.

13:36

Default images

MOSCOW Deputy Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic stated Thursday that new activities may be expected in the coming days as regards to the Agrobanka case. He stressed that an initiative had been launched for investigations in many other cases as well. Vucic announces new activities in Agrobanka case When asked whether big names can be expected in the process, Vucic said that this was certain. “We never speak about arrests, but those who have robbed state property have to face responsibility,” he told reporters in the Serbian Embassy in Moscow. The deputy PM said that he did not support custody, but rather solid charges, which would be considered by independent judges. “In the coming days, you should expect new activities in this respect, we have launched an initiative for investigations into many issues,” he explained. According to him, there was no systemic fight against corruption in the previous period. “We will have to change and establish these mechanisms, and there is full determination in this respect,” Vucic noted. Recently, the police arrested former head of Agrobanka Dusan Antonic, his son Milan and several more associates, who were placed in detention on suspicion of abuse of office that inflicted a EUR 300mn damage to Agrobanka. Vucic said Thursdsay that the whole mosaic of changing the structure of ownership in Belgrade-based dailies Politika and Vecernje novosti and Novi Sad-based daily Dnevnik had finally been assembled. “All the details will be known by the end of August,” he said, adding that a “party Leviathan” was behind everything and that even diplomatic and consular missions had been used for party purposes. “Although everything was done in a non-transparent manner and in a way in which such things are never done in the civilized world, the people behind this had the support of the state bodies, they had the support from our state bodies even here in Moscow,” said the deputy PM. He said that it would be very difficult to deal with the case in court, adding, however, that the state would find legal solutions to protect the state-owned property. “We have now assembled a complete mosaic and there are no more secrets whatsoever in the case of Politika, Novosti and Dnevnik. What we are doing right now is trying to find the best solution under the law,” Vucic concluded. Aleksandar Vucic (Beta) Tanjug

Vučić announces new activities in Agrobanka case

When asked whether big names can be expected in the process, Vučić said that this was certain.

“We never speak about arrests, but those who have robbed state property have to face responsibility,” he told reporters in the Serbian Embassy in Moscow.

The deputy PM said that he did not support custody, but rather solid charges, which would be considered by independent judges.

“In the coming days, you should expect new activities in this respect, we have launched an initiative for investigations into many issues,” he explained.

According to him, there was no systemic fight against corruption in the previous period.

“We will have to change and establish these mechanisms, and there is full determination in this respect,” Vučić noted.

Recently, the police arrested former head of Agrobanka Dušan Antonić, his son Milan and several more associates, who were placed in detention on suspicion of abuse of office that inflicted a EUR 300mn damage to Agrobanka.

Vucic said Thursdsay that the whole mosaic of changing the structure of ownership in Belgrade-based dailies Politika and Večernje novosti and Novi Sad-based daily Dnevnik had finally been assembled.

“All the details will be known by the end of August,” he said, adding that a “party Leviathan” was behind everything and that even diplomatic and consular missions had been used for party purposes.

“Although everything was done in a non-transparent manner and in a way in which such things are never done in the civilized world, the people behind this had the support of the state bodies, they had the support from our state bodies even here in Moscow,” said the deputy PM.

He said that it would be very difficult to deal with the case in court, adding, however, that the state would find legal solutions to protect the state-owned property.

“We have now assembled a complete mosaic and there are no more secrets whatsoever in the case of Politika, Novosti and Dnevnik. What we are doing right now is trying to find the best solution under the law,” Vučić concluded.

Komentari 6

Pogledaj komentare

6 Komentari

Možda vas zanima

Društvo

Stiže novi "pakao"; Spremite se

Kao u prvih 15 dana aprila, ovaj mesec će se završiti natprosečnim temperaturama. Prema najavi RHMZ u nedelju i do prve polovine naredne sedmice temperature će dostići letnje vrednosti.

7:21

26.4.2024.

1 d

Podeli: