1. Of course.... None of the nations of the former Yugoslavia had a Jasenovac or a concentration camp just for children run by nuns.

Why did you have to convince yourself about the Serbs specifically that they never had a Jasenovac or a concentration camp just for children run by nuns?!
    (icj1, 3 January 2018 04:32)
    Again cherry picking and replying like a fool.
    Unless you've lived under a rock all this time you would know that Croatia had Jasenovac and a concentration camp only for children which was run by nuns.
    Maybe that's where you are found, under a rock.
    (Peggy, 4 January 2018 21:56)

2. Serbs have never had a Jasenovac or a concentration camp just for children run by nuns.
    (Peggy, 1 January 2018 22:58)

(icj1, 3 January 2018 04:32)

3. Gezz
    When I said croats and Serbs are alike
    All I got was blame and denial from both Serbs and Croats
    Know that shows both of you are the same to a bloddy tee
    Admit that and there can be hope
    (Sam, 31 December 2017 09:01)
    We won't admit that because it's completely untrue.
    Nobody has. You can't compare Croatians to anyone except there is a bit of a resemblance to Nazis during WW2. Even Nazis were appalled at what they saw at Jasenovac.
    (Peggy, 1 January 2018 22:58)

4. SJ this website say the minimum salary from Romania have purchashing power $11700 , the one from Croatia $10000 , The one from Portugal $9800 , The one from Hungary $10000 , the one from Czech Republic $10500 the one from Greece $11700 , the one from Slovenia $10200 .[link]

Sj Croatia take so much money from tourism it is incredible and all Romanians i know attention all of them they go in Croatia in the summer

SJ SERBIA CAN REALLY CHANGE IN 5 YEARS , you know why ? in 2012 Romania gdp had grow with 0,6% , things can change
    (adrian_bucharest, 1 January 2018 15:43)

5. Bunjevci reject Croatdom, Croatia sends protest note.
    (Self determination, 1 January 2018 10:14)

6. (adi_bucharest, 29 December 2017 20:13)

No country in the world lives just off tourism and Croatia only has tourism as it major industry.

One thing I do like a bout the Serbian government is that they are now laying down the foundations for a very successful Serbian economy by attracting industry plus also starting to turn its attentions to the rural sector. In about 5 years’ time Serbia will be a completely different place.

All that nonsense about Croatia being ahead is just that nonsense. Croatia has lost 50,000 people this year alone. People do not leave a successful economy so 3% growth is BS. I have seen so many of these fake figures I have no confidence in data provided by most governments.

I suspect that Romania is not bleeding young qualified people on the same scale as Croatia, so I would say you are ahead now. I have seen many manufactured goods from Romania, so your industry is far more advanced than Croatia. Plus, you have a vibrant tourism industry that has plenty more room to expand.

I was in Croatia in 2015 and found it overpriced, especially on the coast. Italy was far more reasonable when comparing prices. I was in Loreto (east coast of Italy) and had a similar meal to one I had in Split, but I paid 6 Euros less that in Croatia. Plus, it was a genuine Italian food not “Croatian” since all meals on the Coast are based on Italian cuisine.

They tell me that its now even more expensive since the government raised taxes.
    (sj, 1 January 2018 08:33)

7. Gezz
    When I said croats and Serbs are alike
    All I got was blame and denial from both Serbs and Croats
    Know that shows both of you are the same to a bloddy tee
    Admit that and there can be hope
    (Sam, 31 December 2017 09:01)

8. They are not known as KURVATI for nothing!!!
    (Mike Sujdovic, 30 December 2017 00:56)

9. Beside the fact Serbia started the 1990s wars one thing is certain that Croatia is FACIST for real , Serbia only tryed hold Yugoslavia but Croatia aka Ustasha are facist and most important NAZI
    (adi_bucharest, 29 December 2017 22:31)

10. As I said in my previous post, Serbs in Sumadija most probably have a good reason to dislike us. At least I suppose that. But maybe I'm wrong.
    (Croatian patriot, 29 December 2017 16:02)

These people were from Brcko.
    (sj, 29 December 2017 20:51)

11. We fight against West

[link]

" The minimum wage increases from 1,450 to 1,900 lei. The increase is welcome on the back of an unprecedented labor force crisis, but employers are disturbed by the way it was imposed. Companies that have set their businesses to wage costs at the minimum economy (at least 35% of the total, according to the latest statistics) are either forced out of employees or rising prices, risking not selling their products, or to shut down the enterprise altogether. "
    (adi_bucharest, 29 December 2017 20:13)

12. @sj

Neither do I hate myself nor do I hate the rest of the world. But we can say that I'm very skeptical towards some of our neighbours, particularly Serbia. And it's not without a reason. I have Serbian friends, and I don't hate Serbs on an individual level, but as I said, I'm a bit skeptical to the political Serbia.

You say Croats in Serbia live in peace. Well, it depends on which region they live in. In Vojvodina and Belgrade, it's good, but in Sumadija, not so much. I know, because I've been there.

I guess the people in Sumadija have a good reason to dislike us, just like some Croats have a good reason to be skeptical towards Serbia. At least, that's what I think.
    (Croatian patriot, 29 December 2017 10:32)

@ Croatian Patriot - I also have good Croat, Albanian, Bosnjak friends..some who have lived thru a lot during the wars...Good people who do not collectively condemn a ethnicity are still existent.
    Overall, I would agree with your statement. Despite Balkan history, it's fair!
    Thank you for your thoughts.
    (Watcher, 29 December 2017 17:02)

13. SJ , you are right Croatia have only 3 months of tourism and even with the EU money they barely grow the gdp , they were in recension so many years even with EU money . SJ Croatia was in recension almost 10 years in a row that say a lot !

Serbia performed bad to but it had economical grow to and for example in 2014 it had big floods + it not take EU money

Sj in your opinion we will overtake Croatia or not ? i mean if Croatia mentain this rythm of economical grow for sure we overtake them soon or later but you think they will be always weak ?

2017 it was a historical economical boom for Croatia if they grow with 3% is someting fantastic for them

and there is 1 more aspect that people never take in consideration the big prices from Croatia
    (adi_bucharest, 29 December 2017 16:11)

14. (sj, 29 December 2017 12:44)

The family you wrote about was from Bosnia, right? Well, that explains a lot. Croats from BiH are often the most radical, especially those from Herzegovina, and with mixed ancestry. Not that there are no extremists amongst Croatian-born Croats, but generally, it's more prevalent amongst Bosnian Croats.

Croats, including me, are very patriotic, and that's because we've not had independence before. It's the same in Poland and Finland.

Croats live in peace in Vojvodina and Belgrade, but not in central and southern Serbia what I have experienced. Serbs used to live in peace in northern and central Croatia, but after a large number of Bosnian-Croats and Croats of mixed ancestry settled there, this has changed.

(Croatian patriot, 29 December 2017 16:02)

15. (Croatian patriot, 29 December 2017 10:32)

What I have said about Croats sums you guys up. You and the Catholic Ukrainians share a history. Both were conditioned to spread Catholicism and that is what has poisoned your minds, and both behave in the same way.

Its funny how Croats can live in peace in Vojvodina and Belgrade, but Serbs cannot live anywhere in peace in Croatia. Says a lot about your Croats.

During the war a Croat family went to Germany to stay with a relative who just happens to be married to a Serb. In the days of Yugoslavia this Serb married a woman from Bosnia not knowing who she was until the war.

The first day these Croats arrived at the house in Frankfurt one of them said to the Serb “if I knew you were a Serb I would have killed you”. That my friend is a Croat for you.

This is a true story since the Serb has a sister who happens to be married to my relative.
    (sj, 29 December 2017 12:44)

16. (Croat Knin, 29 December 2017 09:54)

If BS was somehow translated into cash Croatia would be the richest country in the world. Alas BS is nothing more than BS. 18 million tourists LOL.

You have to remember that vehicles passing through Croatia are not tourists but simply travellers so stop counting them as tourists.

I hate to burst your Croat bubble, but no investment is taking place in Croatia. No one will invest a Euro cent while fascism lives and this is no idle statement. No one.

Actually over 3 million tourist visited Serbia this year, but these are real tourist not counting vehicles passing through Serbia heading to another destination.

If Croatia did not have access to the EU Fund it would look like Chad because Croatia has only 3 months of tourism and nothing else.
    (sj, 29 December 2017 12:24)

17. Serbia 🇷🇸 continues to threaten peace and stability in Europe with their traditional hatred and jealousy of any Croatian!

Serbs shy all this HATRED?
    (Azir, 29 December 2017 11:41)

18. @sj

(Croatian patriot, 29 December 2017 10:32)

19. @sj

18 million tourists in Croatia in 2017... Serbia is lucky to get 18 tourists in Beograd. I’m sure the investments will continue in Ljepa Nasa.
    (Croat Knin, 29 December 2017 09:54)

20. Really what is different between the Serbs and Croats
    Nothing you both continue to behave the same and speak the same language not only literally too
    And that is the darn truth
    That is the freaking Balkan mindset for you
    (Sam, 28 December 2017 22:46)

No, its not the Balkan mindset mate. To use a very old Serbian proverb, in the morning Croats hate themselves and by the afternoon, they hate the rest of the world. Croats, just like Catholic Ukrainia,ns were the Vatican’s shock troops in the expansion of Catholicism and both mind sets have been poisoned by the Vatican and there is with no cure except extinction.

Croats have problems with Slovenes, BiH, Hungary and Serbia or to quote a Croat Minister; a little with Slovenia a little with BiH etc. You cannot deal with these people. Croats living in Belgrade or Serbia live in peace, but Serbs have always lived in fear in Croatia. That is the problem.
    (sj, 29 December 2017 09:27)

21. Many years ago, in his epochal 'Cosmos' TV series, the legendary Carl Sagan made an cute ersatz remark which stuck with me to this day as something wildly memorable and worthy of remembering.

He was referring to a difficulty on part of the ordinary human being to fathom the vastness of the universe around us. He used a funny, but very pointed, analogy. He said (I am paraphrasing): "explaining to an ordinary human the size and the nature of the universe would be like explaining to a living being that dwells in two dimensions how the third dimension looks like"

And so, like that fictional two-dimensional being, the Croatian polity cannot and will not fathom the multidimensionality and complexity of Serbian nation, Serbian nation, Serbian politics and Serbian diplomatic position. They will not understand that Serbia is truly an independent nation (still, although it may not be for long); that we are (still) minimally autonomous in our decision-making, that the Serbian government is not (yet) the government of the banana republic, that we do not have to consult Uncle Sam or Uncle Vanya every time we make political and diplomatic decisions and that, no, we actually do not habitually violate international norms of good and legal behavior, like some of our neighbors (cough, cough, wink, wink, nod, nod) so casually do.

I am sure this will change. I am sure one of these days our Croatian brothers and neighbors will learn about the third dimension.
    (DEDA CVETKO, 29 December 2017 02:19)

22. When Croats did the same in the past Serbs cried wolf. In the future Serbs should know what to do with their protest notes.
    (Avni, 28 December 2017 20:40)
    When did Serbs have Serb on Serb fight in Croatia and blamed Croatia for it?
    If you can provide some evidence to this I will accept it, if not stop writing rubbish.
    (Peggy, 29 December 2017 00:02)

23. Really what is different between the Serbs and Croats
    And that is the darn truth
    That is the freaking Balkan mindset for you
    (Sam, 28 December 2017 22:46)

24. When Croats did the same in the past Serbs cried wolf. In the future Serbs should know what to do with their protest notes.
    (Avni, 28 December 2017 20:40)

25. Protect Croats living in Serbia,..as Serbians in Croatia, expelled and murdered by Ustache pigs. It's like Muslims demanding minority rights in Christian lands, but offer beheadings in Muslim lands for Christans.
    (Ron Burgundy, 28 December 2017 17:05)

26. Sj-agreed. The west has grown tired of these haters and can see them for what they are, that their existence relies on poison and hatred for no reason but bigotry and mental backwardness.
    The croats have made no effort at rapprochement, lack the courage and grace to do so, and hide behind the ustasa veterans instead of making the region a better and more prosperous place for all. Small country, small people.
    (Jeff, 28 December 2017 16:51)

27. Bog je sa nama i Hristova Mati, Srpska pravda sve ce da pomlati.

Napred Braco Srbadio mila, dusmaninu slomi ce se krila !!!
    (Dragoljub Djurkovic, 28 December 2017 15:03)

28. I have always said it will take time to turn things around and we see this has begun. The Ustasha have only started to feel the change. Serbia will no longer tolerate this band of Ustasha called Croatia trying to dictate to them. There will be plenty more of this coming up in the future. Every time they cry, Serbia will just ignore them while they will do everything Belgrade asks.
    Kolinder has put on a brave face but she realizes that Croatia’s days of influence are gone.

We are going to destroy Croatia piece by piece and no one will invest a cent in Ustashaland which will mean more and more will desert Ljepa Vasha LOL.
    (sj, 28 December 2017 13:20)