Agreement on regional representation of Kosovo
The round of the Belgrade-Priština dialogue that ended in Brussels on Feb. 24 yielded an agreement of the following content:
Arrangements Regarding Regional Representation and Cooperation
1. Both parties confirm their commitment to effective, inclusive and representative regional cooperation.
2. To this effect 'Kosovo*' is the only denomination to be used within the framework of regional cooperation.
3. The footnote to be applied to the asterisk in para 2 above will read:
"This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSC 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence."
4. 'Kosovo*' participates on its own account and speaks for itself at all regional meetings.
5. Where new agreements are to be initialed and/or signed, a representative of 'Kosovo*' will sign under the designation in paras 2 and 3 above.
6. As concerns modifications to existing agreements signed by UNMIK, nothing in these conclusions will be interpreted as prejudicial to UNMIK's legal rights. A representative of the United Nations Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) will bi invited to meetings organized within the framework of arrangements for which it is a signatory. It is for UNMIK to decide whether to attend any particular meeting.
7. Hosts of meetings will be encouraged to avoid the display of national symbols except for their own and those of the EU, taking into account the statutes of relevant organizations.
8. The EU as Facilitator will inform relevant regional organizations and entities of these arrangements for denomination, representation and signature. They should be reflected in the practical organization of regional meetings. The EU will monitor the implementation of these arrangements.
9. Both parties and the EU will urge partners to support these arrangements and to assist in their implementation.
10. The regional organizations referred to in these conclusions are existing and future intergovernmental organizations or arrangements whose aim is to promote cooperation or integration in the Balkan region. "Regional meetings" includes meetings of these organizations and also ad-hoc or informal meetings with similar aims. It also includes meetings with EU institutions in the context of the European agenda.
11. These arrangements are adopted on an interim basis.
utorak 3.02.2015 | 13:15 | Comments: (0) | Send comment
On February 3, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) announced its ruling in the Application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide case concerning Croatia's lawsuit and Serbia's counter-lawsuit.
sreda 15.10.2014 | 16:48 | Comments: (8) | Send comment
After the October 14 UEFA EURO 2016 Group I qualifier between Serbia and Albania (0:0, 41st minute, FK Partizan Stadium, Belgrade) abandonment, the Football Association of Serbia (FSS) issued the following press release
četvrtak 7.08.2014 | 22:51 | Comments: (0) | Send comment
Members of the Serbian assembly have adopted a set of media laws - the Public Information and the Media Law, and the laws on Public Media Services and on Electronic Media.
utorak 29.07.2014 | 13:46 | Comments: (0) | Send comment
The statement of Clint Williamson, chief prosecutor of the Special Investigative Task Force set up by the European Union.
sreda 9.07.2014 | 11:32 | Source: Catalyst | Comments: (0) | Send comment
Over 16,8B RSD (145,3M EUR) in donations was recorded as of July 1, with companies and individual donations going hand in hand with their contributions: individuals have donated 1,005BRSD (8,7M EUR) vs corporations and SMEs contributions of 1,018B RSD (8,8M EUR).
utorak 27.05.2014 | 16:43 | Source: B92 | Comments: (0) | Send comment
People from all over the world can easily, using a credit card, make a donation online for the flood victims at www.donacije.rs.
četvrtak 22.05.2014 | 16:39 | Comments: (0) | Send comment
MAD in Belgrade festival alongside with B92 Fund, in their joint humanitarian action, will enable free entrance for both festival days from 12 to 6 PM to all who donate a pack of diapers.
sreda 14.05.2014 | 11:58 | Comments: (1) | Send comment
ponedeljak 5.05.2014 | 19:14 | Comments: (1) | Send comment
The Brussels Balkan Trafik Festival of Southeast European music, film and culture ended yesterday, after hosting more than 200 artists from Serbia, Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Romania, Albania, Bulgaria, and Greece, including Turkey, Moldova, Ukraine and more.
četvrtak 24.04.2014 | 11:33 | Source: Saatchi & Saatchi | Comments: (0) | Send comment
The OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe) and Commission collaborated with Saatchi & Saatchi on an unprecedented project titled "Chronicles of Threats:"