Montenegro: Two persons killed in train crash

Two workers of Novi Sad-based company Zgop were killed and 45 were injured in a train crash near the northern Montenegrin town of Mojkovac on Tuesday night.

Izvor: Beta

Wednesday, 14.11.2012.

11:54

Default images

PODGORICA Two workers of Novi Sad-based company Zgop were killed and 45 were injured in a train crash near the northern Montenegrin town of Mojkovac on Tuesday night. The accident happened when a local passenger train hit a construction machine in a tunnel around 17:30 CET on Tuesday. Zgop company’s workers were working on the reconstruction of the tracks. Montenegro: Two persons killed in train crash Ranko Kasikovic, 53 and Goran Gavric, 55 lost their lives. Seven people were seriously injured but they are not in a life-threatening condition. The Montenegrin police have stated that Zgop company’s head of construction Veljko Markovic was arrested on suspicion of committing a crime against public transportation safety. After the arrest, Markovic was taken before the competent public prosecutor in Bijelo Polje and remanded in custody. The Montenegrin prosecution has ordered that seven workers at Mojkovac and Mijatovo kolo stations be questioned. Montenegro’s President Filip Vujanovic has said that the investigation is underway and that he expected the police and the prosecution to present new information soon. Around 60 passengers were onboard the train that was traveling from Podgorica to Bijelo Polje and seven Zgop workers were on the tracks. Railway traffic on the section of the railway between Podgorica and Bijelo Polje will be suspended until further notice. Montenegro Railways Executive Director Milojica Zindovic says that the train left the Mojkovac station after it had been given the green light by the station employees and that the investigation should determine why the workers and the machinery were still on the tracks. Podgorica-based daily Vijesti has reported the train engineer as saying that everything was done in according with the procedure and that the station dispatcher gave the train the green light to leave the station. The scene of the accident (Savo Prelevic, Vijesti) Beta Tanjug

Montenegro: Two persons killed in train crash

Ranko Kašiković, 53 and Goran Gavrić, 55 lost their lives. Seven people were seriously injured but they are not in a life-threatening condition.

The Montenegrin police have stated that Zgop company’s head of construction Veljko Marković was arrested on suspicion of committing a crime against public transportation safety.

After the arrest, Marković was taken before the competent public prosecutor in Bijelo Polje and remanded in custody.

The Montenegrin prosecution has ordered that seven workers at Mojkovac and Mijatovo kolo stations be questioned. Montenegro’s President Filip Vujanović has said that the investigation is underway and that he expected the police and the prosecution to present new information soon.

Around 60 passengers were onboard the train that was traveling from Podgorica to Bijelo Polje and seven Zgop workers were on the tracks.

Railway traffic on the section of the railway between Podgorica and Bijelo Polje will be suspended until further notice.

Montenegro Railways Executive Director Milojica Zindović says that the train left the Mojkovac station after it had been given the green light by the station employees and that the investigation should determine why the workers and the machinery were still on the tracks.

Podgorica-based daily Vijesti has reported the train engineer as saying that everything was done in according with the procedure and that the station dispatcher gave the train the green light to leave the station.

Komentari 3

Pogledaj komentare

3 Komentari

Možda vas zanima

Svet

Orban otkrio plan NATO-a: Sprema se preokret?

NATO, u okviru svoje misije u Ukrajini, želi da stvori vojne baze u Poljskoj, Rumuniji i Slovačkoj radi koordinacije isporuke oružja Kijevu, rekao je mađarski premijer Viktor Orban za Radio Košut.

8:40

14.6.2024.

1 d

Podeli: