Region 0

17.08.2026.

11:59

Aftermath of massive fire near Omiš revealed

In the major fire that ravaged the Lokva Rogoznica and Omiš area during the night of August 13–14, 106 vehicles, 28 houses and 45 boats were completely destroyed, Split-Dalmatia County Prefect Blaženko Boban said.

Izvor: Tanjug

Aftermath of massive fire near Omiš revealed
EPA/STRINGER

Podeli:

A total of seven commercial buildings, three hospitality establishments and six auxiliary structures next to family homes were also completely destroyed.

“Additionally, 45 boats that had been pulled ashore were completely destroyed,” Boban told Hina.

According to him, a further 43 houses, 20 vehicles and nine boats were partially damaged. The damage to agricultural land, including olive groves, has not yet been assessed.

Boban said that once the City of Omiš completes its assessment and determines the extent of the damage, a request will be submitted to the Civil Protection Headquarters to declare the area a natural disaster zone.

Prime Minister Andrej Plenković had previously announced that, once the total damage is assessed, the government would provide financial assistance to Omiš and the surrounding areas. The fire affected the areas of Lokva Rogoznica, Medići, Mimice, Stanići, Nemira and Omiš, and Plenković said a decision on the aid would be made once the full extent of the damage was known.

According to the findings of the investigation by the County State Attorney’s Office in Split so far, the fire broke out on August 13 at around 8 p.m. in a wooded area alongside a road in the Lokva Rogoznica area.

Driven by strong winds, the fire spread all the way to Omiš, covering an area approximately 23 kilometers long and 1.5 kilometers wide. Around 1,000 hectares of grassland, low vegetation and pine forest were burned.

One person killed, large number injured

One person was killed in the fire. On August 15, the County State Attorney’s Office (DORH) said that 38 people had been injured, 10 of whom were hospitalized in critical condition. The Croatian Firefighting Association gave a different figure in its report, stating that 43 people were injured, including three firefighters.

Around 2,500 people were evacuated on the night the fire broke out and were subsequently accommodated in reception centers.

The cause of the fire has not yet been determined. DORH said that police, a fire and explosion protection inspector, and the state attorney’s office conducted an investigation at the site where the fire started.

Investigators are collecting surveillance camera footage from across the affected area. They have also ordered aerial imaging of the burned area, as well as photographs of the destroyed buildings and vehicles.

 

Tagovi

0 Komentari

Možda vas zanima

Idemo! 🇷🇸🇷🇸🇷🇸

Medalja za Adrianu Vilagoš!

Srpska atletičarka Adriana Vilagoš osvojila je bronzanu medalju na Evropskom prvenstvu u atletici u disciplini bacanje koplja.

22:15

16.8.2026.

14 h

Podeli: