Stoltenberg has phone conversation with Haradinaj

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg says this military alliance will continue its KFOR mission in Kosovo.

Source: Tanjug
Share
(EPA-EFE, file)
(EPA-EFE, file)

Stoltenberg announced that as Kosovo Security Force (KSF) "evolves," NATO will "reexamine its level of engagement with the KSF in the new year."

He said this during a phone conversation on Wednesday with the prime minister of the provisional Pristina institutions, Ramush Haradinaj.

"NATO will continue its KFOR mission to ensure a safe and secure environment in Kosovo. KFOR operates under a UN mandate and will not be affected by the laws on the transition of KSF," NATO said in a press release.

Stoltenberg also said that he would "continue his engagement with all actors relevant for regional stability."

Shortly before the vote last week in the Kosovo Assembly in Pristina on the transformation of the KSF (into an army), Stoltenberg had another phone call with Haradinaj, telling him that the decision was in contrast with the position of NATO member states.

World

page 1 of 15 go to page