Seselj accuses chief prosecutor of "taking money"

Serb Radical Party (SRS) leader Vojislav Seselj on Thursday filed a complaint against Chief Hague Prosecutor Serge Brammertz.

Source: Beta, Tanjug
Share

Seselj accuses him of abusing his powers and demands that he be removed from his position as chief prosecutor of the war crimes tribunal.

Seselj told a press conference in Belgrade that he had filed the complaint with the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) office in Belgrade.

In the document, delivered to journalists, Seselj is requesting the Trial Chamber to institute disciplinary proceedings against Brammertz over his attempts at obstruction of justice.

Seselj is requesting that Brammertz be removed from his position by the UN Security Council, and to be excluded from his ICTY trial.

Brammertz filed an appeal to the Appeals Chamber to order the Trial Chamber to revoke Seselj’s provisional release after the deadline for such a motion had expired, and the SRS leader claims this happened "under pressure from Croatian officials and some deputies in the parliamentary assembly of the EU."

"According to information available to us, Bramertz received big money in Zagreb to launch the proceedings after the deadline had expired," Seselj said.

Seselj repeated that he would not return to the Hague Tribunal voluntarily. The war crimes indictee was granted provisional release last November due to his serious medical condition. Seselj spend more than 11 years in custody without a verdict.

Two days ago the Hague Prosecution asked for the Appeals Chamber's decision to have Seselj returned to the detention unit to be carried out "immediately."

Crime

Gendarme jailed for 40 years in double murder case

The Higher Court in Kraljevo has confirmed the 40-year prison sentence previously handed down to Aleksandar Krstic, who was charged with double murder.

Crime Tuesday, April 28, 2015 16:57 Comments: 0
page 1 of 15 go to page