Investigation launched against Farmakom owner
The Organized Crime Prosecutor's Office launched an investigation on Tuesday against Miroslav Bogićević, owner and director general of Concern Farmakom MB.Source: Tanjug
Six more persons are also investigated on suspicion of defrauding Privredna Banka (bank) Belgrade.
The prosecution asked that they be remanded in custody.
Prosecutor Miljko Radisavljević told Tanjug that the order to launch an investigation was issued on suspicion that through a total of 10 bad loans in the period between June 2012 and end March 2013, the suspects illegally acquired RSD 1.75 billion to the benefit of Concern Farmakom MB.
He said that aside from Bogićević, the investigation also includes Miodrag Salai, chairman of the Privredna Banka Loan Committee, members of the Privredna Banka Loan Committee, one deputy members of the Privredna Banka Loan Committee and the Concern Farmakom MB chief financial officer.
The Prosecutor's Office proposed to the preliminary procedure judge that all suspects should be placed in custody so as to ensure a smooth criminal procedure.
Radisavljević said that he expects the preliminary proceedings judge to start interrogation and make a decision on the proposed custody on Tuesday.
The suspects were previously interrogated in the Prosecutor's Office. All suspects have defenders, but they did not showed up at the interrogation because of the lawyers' strike that is ongoing.
All persons are suspected of abuse of position, which may entail a sentence of 10 years in prison.
Bogićević and others were arrested on Monday and placed in 48-hour custody.