1. The commenters on this blog show how foolish they really are with their negative and ignorant comments. We all know there are a lot of crazies in this world and we donít need them writing out whatever comes to their minds publicly about a topic they have no clue about. Donít go about speaking nonsense about religion, beliefs, churches, and especially about God. Do yourselves a favor and find a life other than bashing the Serbian/Orthodox church and community. Nobody wants to hear your uninformed thoughts running in your heads. IFYOU HAVE NOTHING THAT TOOK THOUGHT TO WRITE, DONíT WRITE/SAY IT.
    Ida, what if your home burned down, so letís just relocate you to the jungles where you belong with all the nonsense you speak, hmm? Azir keep your suspicions to yourself when you have no idea of the situation and making yourself look like a fool. Yeah, talk about ignorance, Azir. Nikola, donít be talking about respect when you have no beliefs yourself. Not all priests are thieves, just the ones youíve come across Vojvodina. And, Dragoljub, zip your crazy ďexaggeratedĒ mouth. We donít need none of your guysí negativity.
    Whatís lacking in these comments is prayer and I pray the church be rebuilt stronger and united for not only the Serbians and Orthodox, but for the entire community! Amen.
    (Vince, 4 May 2016 16:13)

2. Ida you comment that the Serbs should just "sell the land and build somewhere".

And thst is my point on why I strongly suspect greedy serbs did it.

$$$…$$

That arson was the only way to ever taking down a Landmark since demolition permits would be impossible.

And to find the perpetrators always look to who would gain the most financialy.

Ida you just confessed serbs take the developers money to build elsewhere.

But in America criminsls must never benefit from their crimes (arson,insurance scams).

Criminal Investigation is ongoing and dont be surprised the ending of priests in handcuffs !

But that would be "ANTI-ORTHODOX" I am sure. Ha ha ha.
    (Azir, 4 May 2016 13:06)

3. They will say "It`s accidental" to cover up their tracks. Don`t believe those liars.

Do you think this is not related with Kosovo admitted to UEFA.

It`s part of the Great Plan for the Distruction of Holy Slavic Orthodox Church from the face of Earth.

They keep it secret, but it was no candle, it was a missile. I mean, those candles actually were powerful mini-missiles disguised as candles. So when the people lit those missile-candles...boom!

The Devil`s objective is only one, but its ways are many.
    (Free, 4 May 2016 09:11)

4. -According to the New York Post, the church now had "deep financial troubles" as it is "battling a major Manhattan developer over a USD 100 million project that fell through two years ago."-

I think then, they should sell that land and rebuild the church ELSEWHERE. No use to continue fighting the developer. Plus the church was not originally Serbian and was bought from the Episcopalians in 1942.
    It is not built in the Serbian style.
    This will be the chance to build a Serbian-style church from the ground-up.

As for the fires. I believe it was the Illuminati. May 1 was their big feast day of their founders called Belantine (sp?). They conduct these destructive rituals around the world all the time lately; they are the elite, which includes those in the government and shadow government of many countries.
    (ida, 4 May 2016 02:43)

5. Are you kiddin' me?? Easter Sunday is about bringing in the Holy Fire into churches... As in candles, torches and other "lit" items...
    (Dragce, 3 May 2016 10:35
    Fire is always present in a church. Candles are always lit so how come this church burns down at Easter as do churches in Australia at the same time? All these priests had a bit too much to drink?
    But even if all this was just one giant coincidence how do you explain our churches being used as toilets so many times? Priests unable to control their bodyly functions? Too much to drink again?
    Do you really think you are convincing anyone?
    (Peggy, 4 May 2016 01:03)

(Nikola, 3 May 2016 12:40
    That's your choice and I respect that but what are you trying to say here? You are fine with it getting torched? There are people who do respect religious institutions and you should respect their choices and not put some silly comment here.
    (Peggy, 4 May 2016 00:58)

7. Breaking News:

Tanjug reports the accidental fire in NYC was the evil work of MOSLEM CANDLES sleeper cells .....

The 79 year old church caretaker had no clue those cheap candles came from Pakistan!

Next time use flashlights guys...,,
    (Azir, 3 May 2016 22:52)

8. I would take anything the New York Post says with a grain of salt. They are not much more than a popular tabloid.
    (Petar, 3 May 2016 22:39)

9. Nonsense! I've been going to that church since my family came to America in 1954. I stopped going on Easter because it is so crowded and especially since I thought the place was unsafe. Inside is of all wood, with nooks and crannies, filthy and no sprinklers, the area where you light candles is not enclosed from wind gusts. It was bound to happen. I gave money for the new roof but basically the church is very poor. These things happen in New York to old churches and synagogues that are not kept up to date for lack of funds.. Sad, but no conspiracy.
    (milan, 3 May 2016 21:06)

10. Lesson for ignorant serbs:

When you play with FIRE....

Chances are you probably will get burnt...

I suggest you dont....
    (Azir, 3 May 2016 17:15)

11. These "attacks" are as coordinated as the Serb attacks on Slovenia,Croatia,Bosnia and Kosova?

No proof!
    (Azir, 3 May 2016 17:07)

12. According to Irinej, God sent the floods to Serbia recently because of the gays. So another plausible explanation could be that the fires are a warning from God to some Orthodox Churches. They may have been naughty recently.
    (Reader, 3 May 2016 15:21)

13. Some of you my Dear Serbian Brothers and Sisters find my comments " exagerated " at times and yes I am an exagerated individual but please understand the way I view the world in a way that the view of my whole family covered in bloody sheets on our ancient and sacred home land Srpska Krajina will be permanently etched in my brain! Our most beloved faith and look what continues in the heart of the good old USA and English dominated Australia! This is how the Arayan race loves us the Eastern Orthodox Christians!!!
    (Dragoljub Djurkovic, 3 May 2016 15:13)

14. @Adrian_Bucharest

God and church/mosque/synagogue/pagoda etc. are two quite different things, with the latter really existing.
    (aaa, 3 May 2016 14:11)

15. I see so many comments without a fear about God

That is why God don`t help you
    (adrian_bucharest, 3 May 2016 13:02)

16. Church is just a corporation, orthodox, catholic. Whatever i will never respect them.
    (Nikola, 3 May 2016 12:40)

17. Are you kiddin' me?? Easter Sunday is about bringing in the Holy Fire into churches... As in candles, torches and other "lit" items...
    (Dragce, 3 May 2016 10:35)

Totally this. And also, most Orthodox priests are thieves who don't really care about their god, so how likely is it that they had a wee bit too much of Jesus' blood? Easter and first of may at the same time was simply an accident waiting to happen.
    (Vojvodina, 3 May 2016 12:03)

18. Are you kiddin' me?? Easter Sunday is about bringing in the Holy Fire into churches... As in candles, torches and other "lit" items...
    (Dragce, 3 May 2016 10:35)