1. I'm with you on that one, Trizo, but you need to be aware that cruelty and/or indifference towards animals is awful throughout the former Yugoslavia and beyond, and not just in Sanjak.
    (TP, 10 March 2012 14:25)

I am fully aware of animal welfare in the Balkans & I understand how difficult the situation is throughout.

Even in Belgrade up until not too long ago they would just kill dogs and even inhumanely until a law was passed that changed procedures and animal welfare organisations in Serbia brought change.

It only comes about through education but there is hope and wonderful changes have already been made.

The zoo in Novi Pazar is one of the worst in Serbia and encloses these animals without proper care & treatment. The care fact must be changed so people can learn how to treat animals.

I concentrate my time in improving animal welfare within Serbia. I have already helped to educate even my own relatives in central Serbia about this. It is not their fault. I completely understand people's situations and the perception of animals but things are changing slowly.

I have nothing against somebody killing an animal to eat it. My cousins do it as they eat their own livestock. But animals shouldn't be treated at objects. They feel pain, they have emotions, and most importantly they feel & show LOVE.

When you see a world that respects & loves animals then you will be living in a world where humans love & respect each other.

We all know that love conquers all.
    (trizo, 11 March 2012 05:11)

2. Tirzo,

Belgrade zoo isn't any better, it just has more animals.

Belgrade zoo isn't allowed to be a part of any international zoo organization due to poor treatment of animals and for confining them into far-too-small spaces.
    (Danilo, 11 March 2012 02:04)

3. This kind of message is what is missing from the majority of political parties in Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, etc.

This is the kind of message that should be used to identify ones country and people, and not the rhetoric coming out of those on trial at the Hague and those at home that defend them or try to make excuses on their behalves.

The zoo comment is way of base. I am pretty sure it is the idea of a UK youtube user, and the UK and all people accustomed to living in it have no place comparing treatment of animals and humans as they give animals more rights than they do to kids and the homeless.
    (Pravi Tile, 11 March 2012 01:26)

4. Yes they of course do, unless the serbs in Belgrade try to force the Vlach/Serbian minority stamp on our Romanian minority in southern Serbia. Everyone knows that they are Romanians, and not Serb/Vlach, if Serbia fails to recognize that.. Then bye bye to EU.
    EU will save the eastern europe, long live the EU!
    Proud EU citizen Mircea from the Paris of eastern Europe, Bukarest
    (Mircea, 11 March 2012 00:44)

5. Belgrade is… the Balkans’ New York!!!

Is he kidding or what? Istanbul is by far the largest city on the Balkans; the depressed Athens is still more exciting. Once ugly megalomaniac Bucharest is now recovering its fame as the Paris of the Balkans. Even Sofia, with its new shops, restaurants and malls is looking glitzier. Belgrade has a tremendous potential, but now it looks so run down. There are falling apart facades just off Terazije. Face the truth: Belgrade fell so far behind in the race during those last 20 years that it needs a miracle to catch up with the other regional centers. Belgrade still towers over Skopje, Pristina and Podgorica. If Serbia misses its present European chance, ….who knows.
    (nik, 10 March 2012 14:34)

6. I'm with you on that one, Trizo, but you need to be aware that cruelty and/or indifference towards animals is awful throughout the former Yugoslavia and beyond, and not just in Sanjak.
    (TP, 10 March 2012 14:25)

7. The first thing that citizens in Novi Pazar could do would be to learn how to treat animals properly. The Zoo in Novi Pazar is a disgrace and makes me sick. How can these people respect & treat other humans well when they cannot even give basic care & consideration to animal welfare? It is just raises a big red flag. This earth is not only for humans. We are essentially animals too and we should respect the lives of other living animals.

[link]

PLEASE PETITION TO CLOSE THIS HELL HOLE ZOO in Novi Pazar.

If these people would show some humane qualities then I would think about giving them my time of day.
    (trizo, 10 March 2012 13:19)