Bomb explodes in front of daily's offices
An explosive device of great destructive power was detonated late on Thursday in front of the offices of the Podgorica-based daily Vijesti.Source: Vijesti
None of some 15 people present at the time were injured.
The device went off under the office window of editor-in-chief Mihailo Jovović, who was in at the time but was not injured.
The strong detonation demolished basement rooms and broke the glass on office windows.
The footage captured by security cameras shows a hooded attacker plant the device and leave. After a minute and a half, the video shows a flash of the explosion.
The Podgorica police said they blocked the entire city looking for a black Opel vehicle used by the attacker to escape.
Main forensic expert Rašo Popović said last night during the investigation that it was an explosive of great destructive power, but that based on the external probe he could not determine what type of device it was.
Last night's investigation was led by the heads of the Podgorica police, and an hour after the attack Interior Minister Raško Konjević and Police Director Slavko Stojanović arrived at the newsroom.
This is only the latest, but by far the fiercest attack against the newspaper and its staff, said Vijesti.
In November, stones were thrown at the building by three still unknown persons. The Vijesti building also came under attack during the Pride Parade in Podgorica in October, again with stones.
In August, a device exploded in front of the house of journalists Tufik Softić, while previously journalist Olivera Lakić, editor Mihailo Jovović and Director Željko Ivanović were all physically attacked.
The Montenegrin police and prosecutors are yet to solve a series of attacks in the summer of 2011 when cars belonging to the company were set on fire.