Bosnia: Convicted war criminal escapes from prison
Source: Beta, Tanjug
Mostar -- A Croat man convicted of war crimes, who was serving his 15-year sentence in a jail in the town of Mostar, has escaped.
The head of the prison in Mostar explained on Thursday that Dominik Ilijašević "did not return from his 25-day vacation."
Banja Luka's RTRS is reporting that the authorities issued an arrest warrant for Ilijašević, "who is believed to have escaped from the town of Kiseljak (in Bosnia) to Croatia."
The media in Sarajevo, meanwhile, are unofficially reporting that Ilijašević escaped to Croatia on Friday - having previously sold all his property.
During the 1992-95 war in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Ilijašević was a member of the Croatian Council of Defense (HVO) unit known as "Maturice".
He was put on trial and found guilty of, "beside other crimes," taking part in the murder of 38 civilians, a war crime that took place on October 23, 1993, in the village of Stupni Do.
September 26, 2013 | 16:09 | Source: Politika, Tanjug | Comments: (5) | Send comment
BELGRADE -- The UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) rejected Croatia's proposal to abolish the status of refugees to all Serbs who left Croatia between 1991 and 1995.
September 25, 2013 | 16:19 | Source: SEEMO | Comments: (0) | Send comment
VIENNA -- The South East Europe Media Organization (SEEMO) expressed concern about a fire started in front of the office of the weekly Slobodna Bosna in Sarajevo.
September 25, 2013 | 13:17 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (3) | Send comment
NEW YORK -- FM Ivan Mrkić said after a meeting with his Albanian colleague Ditmir Bushati the two countries "should work pragmatically on the development of relations."
September 24, 2013 | 15:33 | Source: Tanjug, Večernje novosti | Comments: (31) | Send comment
BELGRADE -- The status of Serb minority in Montenegro and the Montenegrin minority in Serbia "is one of the priorities for both countries," says Igor Lukšić.
September 23, 2013 | 13:38 | Source: SEEMO | Comments: (0) | Send comment
VIENNA -- The South East Europe Media Organization (SEEMO) expressed concern about a reported attack on a vehicle owned by Genka Shikerova, a Bulgarian journalist.
September 23, 2013 | 11:19 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (2) | Send comment
PODGORICA -- Montenegrin Foreign Minister Igor Lukšić has said that he "cannot understand why the opposition criticized him for his views on Syria."
September 20, 2013 | 16:46 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (0) | Send comment
PODGORICA -- The relations between Serbia and Montenegro "are on the rise and the two countries are committed to enhancement of cooperation on EU integration and economy."
September 20, 2013 | 12:02 | Source: Tanjug | Comments: (0) | Send comment
SARAJEVO -- The war crimes prosecutor's offices of Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina agreed in Sarajevo on mutual help and concrete cooperation in a number of war crime cases.