Vučić meets with NATO official
Aleksandar Vučić has informed a NATO official "about the previously defined stances on the need for KFOR's further engagement in Kosovo and Metohija."Source: Tanjug
This engagement referred to "the creation of a safe environment for all citizens," the Serbian first deputy PM and defense minister said during his meeting in Belgrade on Tuesday with NATO's Allied Joint Force Command in Naples Admiral Bruce Clingan.
During the meeting, an analysis was done in the zone of the jurisdiction of KFOR, and assurances given that KFOR troops will engage in meeting all tasks, said an MoD statement.
During the talks with Clingan, Vučić noted that the Serbian Armed Forces will appoint a senior official with a permanent position at the JFC Naples.
Vučić voiced satisfaction with the cooperation with the JFC Naples up to this point, and its improvement through joint activities with the Serbian Armed Forces.
"The Ministry of Defense appreciates professional assistance in training and controlling the level of preparedness of the units that are to join multinational peacekeeping missions," said the statement.
Serbia continues to actively participate in the Partnership for Peace, reform the defense and security sectors, and continues building up the integrity of institutions by accepting programs of individual partnership and cooperation, the minister said.
“The capacities of the defense system are open to partners to the benefit of both sides,” Vučić said.
Admiral Clingan "confirmed excellent relations at all levels, with the Serbian Armed Forces General Staff and Defense Ministry in particular."