“Serbian institutions will remain in Kosovo”Source: RTS, Tanjug
BELGRADE -- Serbian government’s Office for Kosovo Director Aleksandar Vulin has stated that Serbian institutions will remain in Kosovo.
He added that unrest should not be stirred among Serbs in the southern Serbian province.
Vulin explained that Belgrade had in the last round of the dialogue managed to secure that money from customs duties does not go to the Priština budget but to a special fund.
“The money goes to an international fund, meaning a fund that will be created by the EU high representative to Kosovo and Metohija. A representative of northern Kosovo Serbs and a representative of interim institutions in Priština will be in it and decisions will be made through a consensus. Therefore, Serbs have veto and the money can be used only in the territory of Kosovo and Metohija,” Vulin noted.
He said that a process of the implementation of the agreement on the integrated crossings management would continue.
“Let us not stir unrest among Serbs in Kosovo and Metohija, the institutions are there to stay. Nothing has been agreed. There are no new agreements, nothing will happen tomorrow, life will continue,” Vulin told RTS.
“Serbia must not allow that Serbs in Kosovo and Metohija are left without care of their state, to be left without their system, that they are pushed into a system of something they are trying to make a Kosovo state out of,” the Office for Kosovo director said.
Serbian PM Ivica Dačić on Friday denied Kosovo PM Hashim Thaci’s claims that an agreement had been reached to remove the Serbian institutions from northern Kosovo.
“Everybody can interpret it the way they want, but it is not true,” he told B92.