1. WHO CARESSSSSSS
    (BLACK EAGLE, 12 August 2017 13:46)

2. It's all good and well that IKEA have opened a store in Serbia but can the average Serb actually afford to pay for it. Serbia has never been so poor as they are now. Even under Slobo they lived better. Vucic doesn't understand the term - better living standard.
    (Fantastic Furniture, 12 August 2017 10:44)

3. ...therefore I am?

The apocalypse of furniture.
    (IKEA..., 11 August 2017 14:45)

4. Simpo produces good quality furniture. Check -> [link]/
    (Zoran, 11 August 2017 11:47)

5. (T, 10 August 2017 18:20)

No I don t blame the west for everything and I agree with you about Forma Ideale which is cheap and nasty stuff. I was referring to the earlier days in the 1970s when they did produce some quality furniture made out of whole Walnut or Oak. That was even exported to Italy. These industries could have been sold to the right buyer and still working today, but with the onset of the 1990s it all fell apart.

Serbia can only benefit from having Ikea, but even if there is no furniture industry revival at least it employs Serbs.

I could be wrong but I think most of what is sold in Ikea is made in China, well in Australia I know that is the case and I would guess itís the same in Europe.
    (sj, 11 August 2017 09:37)

6. Serbia's regional furniture industry will suffer. In a good way. They will have to stop being complacent and get up to par with global standards. Competition creates sweat.
    (MikeD, 11 August 2017 06:26)

7. Once in the store there is no getting out until you have walked the entire 3 floors in a circle, going past every item they have for sale. Checkouts are reached at the end of that journey through the warehouse, well at least that's how it's in one location in Melbourne.
    So, you've gone through all that, got your item and are now ready to assemble it only to find that your allen key is missing.
    (Peggy, 11 August 2017 03:14)

8. Not the arrival of tanks and soldiers but the arrival of IKEA is the definitive sign of a country's capitulation.

Why am I not surprised too see Vucic's face in this context?
    (N. Pine, 11 August 2017 01:56)

9. Mate, you can't blame everything on the West. Have you seen the shit they make in Forma Ideale.
    (T, 10 August 2017 18:20)
    I've made many Ikea and Forma Ideale furniture. As far as I can tell, it's all the same sh!t.
    (Zoran, 11 August 2017 00:42)

10. My wife makes me go to IKEA every few weeks (it's not far from us).Good luck men of Belgrade. Be strong.
    (Andy UK, 10 August 2017 21:46)

11. @SJ.
    Mate, you can't blame everything on the West. Have you seen the shit they make in Forma Ideale. Even before IKEA planted itself in Bubanj Potok the Serbian furniture Manufacturing Industry wasn't exactly known for innovation and quality.
    Ikea is a good thing, if anyhting it will serve as a wake-up call.
    (T, 10 August 2017 18:20)

12. I don't care about damn 'stores' I've no time so I'll never go there but I took a look at the website and shipping costs seem pretty bloody outrageous unless you're buying the whole damn STORE. For example if you buy a 100-eur wardrobe, just to see how the whole thing works and if their product is any good ---is that crazy thinking??
    WELL if you're that troublemaker you must pay an extra 60 eur for shipping?!

Whoa Nelly. Whoa like RIGHT THERE.
    (ellie, 10 August 2017 18:05)

13. Sadly Serbia no longer has an furniture industry. That was destroyed by the west through sanctions of the 1990s so Ikea does not have any competition.
    (sj, 10 August 2017 15:25)

14. Well, there goes your local furniture producing sector. And the profits made by Ikea will not stay in Serbia but go to their headquarters.
    It is convenient though, all your mostly useless items all in one spot and you can turn your visit into "an experience" because you have no imagination to go and do something meaningful with your family in your spare time. In the West, visits to Ikea have become a favorite past time on the second day of Christmas or Easter to the point where there are traffic jams on the highway.
    But congratulations, transition has succeeded.
    (Joe A, 10 August 2017 12:59)